Friday, May 30, 2008

the weekend is here!

Ok maybe not for another hour or so but close enough! My friend B. and I are going out tonight for dinner and drinks and then to an Blizzard football game. Should be a good time.

I'm so ready for a weekend where I don't have to do anything. There are no obligations to me, I don't have to be at any party/wedding/shower. This summer is just crazy with bachelorette parties, bridal showers, weddings and miscellaneous other events thrown in there. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and family, but my budget does not like me! $30 here, $50 there....it all adds up. I honestly am glad I'm not in any of these weddings because that's even more money to be spent.
If I just lived in the country in the boonie's and had no obligations, then my life would be easier now wouldn't it?!

The apt. search is going strong. I only have one more to look at and then it's decision time. I need to get a place situated so I can start getting furniture and everything else for my place. Currently I have dishes and cups, a lamp, a nightstand, a futon, a bed and a desk. Super huh? Oh and my friend V. is giving me a kitchen table and chairs. So we're a long way from furnishing an apt.!!

Since I'm writing this and I've been using abbreviations all day in my writing, I thought I'd share some with you that my roommates and I always used.

O.N. = Old Navy sandals
Klot. = the fitness center
Q-dub = Qdoba Mexican Grill
T.S. = Taylor Swift
L.B. = Library
Apt. = Apartment (this is pretty generic)
3020 = our house
MLK = milwaukee

Ok those are the only ones I can think of so far. I know we have more though...they've slipped my mind currently. But we could seriously have long conversations using abbreviations or shortened versions of words. I miss my roomies........

No comments: