Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My teacher has it out for me...

Well I'm in an online class right now and I have to admit, it's not the easiest thing. It's hard to be self-motivated to go and do this work when you could just sit and do nothing instead. There is no teacher on you in lecture so it's easy to slack. I learned quickly I couldn't get away with not doing my work so I check it frequently now and it's going better. Until now.

I got my first paper back from her about a movie we had to relate topics in our book to. I thought I did well on it. Not my best paper ever but I put lots of effort into it and used definitions from the book and everything. I got it back and I got a C+!! What!? She said it wasn't formatted to her liking and it was hard to read! I used the same format that I have used in my last Commun. classes and not one teacher has said anything about it. They all have not been affected by the format of my paragraphs. And then she tells me that my paper has wrong definitions in it! Well if the def. are wrong, then the books wrong because that's where I got them from! What the heck is her problem!? I just wish if teachers gave you a bad grade they would give more advice then I don't like your paragraph format and the definitions are wrong. That deserves a whole freakin' two letter grades off! My booty!!

Then to top it off, we get our group paper back and we get a B+/A on it. Not too bad you would think but then bam, I go on the discussion board and my group member goes, "It's unexcusable mistakes like the format of the paper (cause i did it the same way as my individual paper) and not putting team names on the paper that can not happen again!" I was like, man bitch, you should have taken the editor task then. I just took it cause no one else wanted it. I just am so fed up with it! The paper was due on Sunday and I FINALLY got all the parts on mid-Sunday and had to put it together, post it, they had to edit it (which they said it was fine) and then submit it. Well if I got the parts a day before I had to send it in then maybe it would have been better! I just am pissed that she tried to pin it on me and say it was my fault when I posted the paper the exact same way I submitted it and they said it was fine!
I can't wait for summer!

No comments: