Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'm now in the minority...

So all my friends at home have decided to make huge life decisions and here I sit, on the shallow end of the kiddy pool with my floaty wings on, scared to jump in the deep end. What I'm refering too is that my friends are all getting engaged and soon to be married! Are we even old enough to be getting married? I feel like I am still 18 and my friends should not be talking about such things! We're too young, not established enough to start families and have serious lives. I just turned 21 and finally get to go to the fun bars! The last thing I need is a husband and kids trotting along behind me.

I hate this. Well I mean I'm happy for them and I hope they have long happy lives together but I hate it for myself. I have no one, not even someone close to a boyfriend in my life, and here my best friends are getting hitched to the person they will spend the rest of their lives with. As I sit and think about it, where would I find my soulmate? At Cans, chugging down beer till he can't see straight. Class has produced some hotties; but how do you show interest in someone when your just trying to pay attention and pass the class? I think my best resort is closing my eyes and hoping he just drops in front of me one day.

I sometimes wonder what I did to the dating Gods that they hate me so much. Did I swear too much? Drink too much? Not pray enough? It's almost like my dating door is swinging shut and I have no means of stopping it. Where's prince charming to stick his foot in that door to keep it from putting my love life in the dark?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my all time favorite Sex and the City quote that kind of relates to your feelings about dating/relationships...
***
Carrie: Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous...
***

Who knows maybe you will meet the guy of your dreams while chasing down your Miller Lite at Cans, but he should be lucky enough to have found you, not the other way around...I think we're so blessed to have six best friends who know everything about us~ any guy is lucky to come into our lives with that kind of relationship.