Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Are your legs jello or are you just happy to see me?

This weekend we did a walk to help support the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Wisconsin. It was at Miller Park, which was totally awesome cause I love Miller Park. (Go J.J. Hardy!! I Love You!!) Ok got off track! Anywhoo, the walk was either 3 miles or 7.5 miles. There was a fifteen mile walk but I put the cabash to that right away! That would take me all day!! So we decided we would do the 7.5 mile walk. Not a big deal you think, right? 7.5 miles! Heck, I could do that backwards.

Well, this is what some of us thought (not me, I would have done the 3.) It was guessed that it would take anywhere from and hour to three. I went with the high end. So we walk and walk and walk and get to a rest station where we got pinwheels (YESS!!!), fruit, water and headed on our way again. You know, you kind of get light headed when you walk that far. Not light headed like your going to faint but like you just can't stop laughing at the littlest things! One roomie tripped on a stake in the ground and I almost peed my pants. Then we passed a church that translates the service into chinese and I said, "Yes, finally a church we can go to" and I kept thinking of it and couldn't stop laughing again! (Hitting a kid who has a pinwheel is like killing a nun! - that would be Brad's contribution! ) But at about mile 4 or 5 you really don't even notice it anymore and your legs just feel like they could keep going forever!

So anywhoo, we walked and walked and eventually we made it back to Miller Park. It took us about three hours with two stops and numerous crossing guards later (p.s. - hot cops should not wear white socks with black outfits/shoes!) After the walk we got medals and pedometers and a free lunch. Then we got to go to the Brewer game; which would have been better had they won but they lost so it sucked, but it was fun and wonderful to sit down!! (note to self: legs will get very stiff as night progresses!)

The M.S. walk was really a fun time and it makes you feel good to do something that benefits someone for once. Next time someone comes up to you because they are walking, running or biking, pull out that pocket book and give them some money! It is for a good cause and helps more people then you think! If you already are involved, good luck and have fun!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I could keep ya laughing. That would've been horrible if I would've fell! Good thing everyone made it through and no one had to use the medi-van! haha