Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Snow.

It called for snow and dang it if they weren't right! We got about 8 inches I'd say, not as much as they called for but a good amount. It's hard to tell here at the apartment because it drifts so bad across the fields and the pond. It's piled against my patio door but over by the post on the patio I can see cement. So as you can imagine, it's hard to tell how much is on the ground really. I love snow and I enjoyed watching it fall all evening and night last night.

However, I was not happy at 3:23 am when I was woken up by VVVVRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!! The apartment snow removers were hard at work, 4 feet from my bedroom window. I rolled out of bed and poked through the blinds to see 4 men working their hearts out. It was kind of creepy though, they were so bundled up I couldn't see anything but eyes. One was snow blowing, two were shoveling, and another was using a bobcat to remove snow from the parking lot. I let out what could be considered a death growl and crawled back under the covers to try to go back to sleep. I must have because I work up this morning at about 9:30. They did a good job but remember, it drifts and this morning when the UPS man came I had to lean on the door to try to get it through the six inches of snow that drifted against it already. Well, so much for hard work!

No comments: