Sunday, December 14, 2008

a great weekend in the books....

This weekend I went to MKE to visit with the college roommates and have our 6th annual Christmas party. It is just crazy to me to think that we have known each other for 6 years and I am more comfortable with them then I am with some of my friends I've known since high school! Every time I'm with them we have a great time. It's so hard to be away from them when I'm back home but I just can't bring myself to go back to MKE to live. I love the girls, and most of the time the city, as well as all the things to do down there but I just don't want to go back to living in the city. I kind of want to have my cake and eat it too I guess. I love the city and all it offers, but give me a country field with a sunset anytime.

Anyways, the party was great. It was so good to see all the girls again and be able to hear about the married lives and dating lives of all of them. It's going to be interesting to see where we are in the next couple years, and to see when we have to start having babysitters incorporated in the parties for all the babies they're gonna pop out! ha ha As I said, we always have fun and this weekend was no different. We drank too much Brandy Slush and wine, and ate way too much food but we got to catch up and thats the best! Now it's off to another week of unemployment and sitting around. Gosh this stinks but what can you do? I didn't think I'd be here but then again, I never have predicted anything right so far so why change now!

Only a little over a week until Christmas! Maybe tomorrow I can get my Christmas shopping done! Not much left, it will be nice to get it all over with! Take care all!

No comments: