Friday, January 16, 2009

Comfort Zone

After a wicked bad cold spell, things seem to be on the upswing. It's been below zero here for a couple days and I am so ready for it to be over with! When you go outside and the instant your face hits that air your eyes start to water and you just want to turn around....yeah, I'm ready for warm weather.

I came back to my apartment today and I need to stay here for awhile! I have been home quite often lately because like I posted before, it's nicer at home being able to watch cable, and talk to people! However, the past week or so I haven't even seen my friends so I thought today was the day I needed to get back to my life and stop sitting at home on my fanny. It was weird to come back down here and I never thought it would ever be like that, ever! My apt. is great and I love it down here but it just is nerve-wracking to me that I have about two and a half more months to find something and then I'm on my own. I don't, I repeat Do Not want to have to move back home and live with my parents. As much as I love home and them, there is nothing there for someone my age; well unless you're married and thats where you live. But that's the problem, all my friends there are married so it's not like we get together all the time and hang out and go out, etc. There just are no jobs up there either and I need to stay down here.

I think one of the hardest things is that I don't have like a best friend here that I do everything with. I have a bunch of really good friends but no roommate or best friend. That's kind of hard sometimes. Sometimes I think my life would be easier if I had that one best friend (or more then one) that you do like everything with, from big to little things. I don't know, I think I just really need to find a job and get back into the grove of work and things. I do appreciate all the great friends and family who have been looking and giving me heads up on positions too. That means a lot to me to have people looking out for me.

Take care everyone, good luck and stay warm!

No comments: