Friday, April 11, 2008

So far, So good

Hello All! Yesterday was a very stressful day for my family (well my second immediate family since I live with my aunt, uncle and cousin.) My cousin, their daughter and sister respectively, had to have open heart surgery yesterday. She had it about 4 years ago I think and the temporary valve that was put in was working, but another leak showed up in a different spot. So a new permanent aortic valve had to be put in yesterday. We woke at 4:30 am to get to the hospital by 6:00. We arrived and JA (my cousin) and JW (her husband) were already there. We talked a little, said a little prayer and off to the 2nd floor for the surgery. It was all going ok until JA started crying a little. Then my aunt was crying and I was trying not to. She's so strong it's unbelievable. I really look up to her for being 28 and having two heart surgeries already and taking everything in stride. I'm happy to say that all went well, or as well as a second heart surgery can go. We were at the hospital from 6 am - 6 pm when we went home. She is doing well and we're just waiting and praying for her to get off the pace-maker and have her heart fire properly on it's own. It's so used to having to 'fire' more then the normal heart that it was going a little faster then they wanted it to yesterday. The pace-maker should help it go to a normal rate and then the pace-maker will come off. She should be better then ever once she is fully recovered! YEAH!!!

In the meantime, we are all taking turns watching their 3 children (one from a previous marriage of JW) They are so adorable and I'm happy to say that the little girl HM is my god-daughter! They are always a hoot and I look forward to spending more time with them! Take Care all!!



No comments: