Tuesday, April 15, 2008

and then the rain came pouring down.....

We were doing well. J.A. was moved to a regular room, and her pace-maker came off Saturday early-evening. It was great...we all were so relieved, I think I slept the best ever. (It probably helped that I babysat for a 7 year old, 3 1/2 year old and 20 month old that day too. I would like to send a personal thank-you to the inventor of Play-Doh and SpongeBob Square Pants....you saved me. I am forever grateful.)

I awoke to a note on the kitchen counter, "J.A. got moved back to ICU around midnight when her heart rate dropped to the 30's. She has the pace-maker attached again. I will call you if I get any updates." I felt sick, like I might black-out. How could this happen?!?! I just couldn't concentrate all day. She was doing so well and then BAM, back to step one. She will be in ICU for 48 hours so they can monitor her. I guess I'm sad it happened but glad it happened. What if that went on after she got home? She could have died! The nurses who watch all the patients monitors are the ones who caught it and came into the room to check on her. I really hope she doesn't have to get the pacemaker but if it keeps her alive, there really is no choice is there. It's just so crazy because she's only 28! I pray every night for her full recovery, please do the same if you can.

No comments: