Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Twista




Tornado Warning. Pretty sure there are not two other words together in a sentence that scare the crap out of me more. Tonight we had a tornado warning while I was at work. It's probably better it was when I was at work and with 30 other people then when I was alone in my apartment. They made us shut all our computers down and go into a conference room. Get this though, on the second floor! I said, If we have to be in a conference room can we at least be downstairs and not on the second floor? So they let us all go downstairs into a big conference room and we all had to sit there and wait for the warning to be over before they would let any of us leave. Let's just say that 45 minutes in an 80 degree room was 44 minutes too long! Luckily no tornado came, or at least not one that we saw. Not like the particle board door would have saved us. I just hate storms. Well I like thunderstorms but not tornado's. It's probably a good thing I live in WI b/c we don't get too many strong storms like this.
Anyways for Cinco De Mayo tomorrow I entered a salsa competition at work. So when we could finally leave work I had to run to the grocery store. Walking to my car at work I got soaked so I looked like a wet dog in the store. Good thing there weren't that many people there. I got my salsa stuff and I can say right now its completed and hoping I'll win tomorrow.
Ohh and to get from work to my apartment tonight I had to run through the sprinklers. Yeah, we got like an inch of rain in an hour and the sprinklers were on right next to the sidewalk to get to my front door! I was throughly soaked and none to happy about it!! Wish me luck in my salsa competition tomorrow! Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone!
Take Care!

No comments: