Tuesday, February 17, 2009

traveling down the road and back again

After a great weekend I'm back at the apartment for the week. It's suppose to snow tonight and I'm looking forward to it. I'm kind of like an old person and probably would do very well as one. I love it when it snows now because I don't have to go anywhere and I can just watch the snow. However, it does upset me that I have no where to go. Not much longer and my unemployment runs out and I have to apply for a 7 week extension...then what? I've been using an employment agency to help with my search and I got a call from them today saying that they don't have any jobs for me that fit my work history and that they'll be on the look out for me. Well that's nice to have some help but depressing too. When a company who's job it is to find you a job and they can't...it doesn't give one much hope.

My birthday is coming up and I am looking forward to celebrating yet also not. I feel like 24 is so old but yet so young yet. I guess I just never thought that this is where I'd be in my life at 24. It scares me to think of where I could possibly be at 25. This economy needs to turn around soon for myself and thousands of other people.

No comments: