Thursday, February 26, 2009

About Me....

This is the survey going around, predominately on Facebook but I didn't want to do it on there so I'm doing it on here. I figure less people read this anyways so here you go....

1) I always wanted to be some type of biologist (preferably a wildlife biologist) but didn't go for that in college because I couldn't pass chemistry (and a part of me hates the uniforms they have to wear.)

2) I have the colors for my wedding already picked out.

3) I'd drink every night of the week if I didn't get hangovers.

4) I take it personally when my favorite TV shows get cancelled, which it seems like all the ones I really like do after a short run.

5) I dream of designing/building my own home exactly the way I want so I'm constantly trying to take mental notes of things in houses that I like. Chances of me ever being able to do this are slim however.

6) My dream jobed turned out to be a crock and I hate some people for it and I'm not sure I'll ever forgive them. I realized some people only think about themselves and I pray that karma is real.

7) I would love to live in Canada, Oregon, Kentucky or Texas but I can't even get myself to leave Wisconsin.

8) When I go to restaurants I always order Lemonade, no matter what the season.

9) I make my bedroom messy just so I can clean it later.

10) I have minor obsessive compulsive disorder. When I leave a public place I have to look where I was sitting and count to 8 twice before I can move on and be positive I left nothing behind.

11) Some of the best days of my life were when the playground was flooded in elementary school and they put up road blocks and we got to play in the street.

12) I hate losing touch with people and I still try to find people I was friends with from elementary school.

13) I cryed every day before school from Kindergarten to half way through third grade. I'm not exaggerating either, ask my mother.

14) My biggest fear in elementary school was when we had safety days and you had to jump out the emergency door in the back of the bus.

15) I wish I lived on a farm, or in the country where people really had barn dances. I want to end up in a tiny town where everyone knows everyone and be really happy with my life. That would be wonderful. However I also have a deep love of window shopping and being able to walk down the sidewalks in towns and go into stores, I believe now they're called 'pedestrian friendly cities.'

16) I often buy items and then return them later after I sit and contiplate if I really need it or not. On the same topic, I love getting new clothes but I often have a hard time wearing them. It's like I need a new occasion or something special to break them into my wordrobe.

17) I wish I could go back to the times when almost every weekend was spent with family and friends. When we played in the barn yard at our grandparents or sat in the screen porch playing cards. When the sun was setting and it was beginning to turn to dusk. Even back a couple years ago when I was in college. Only this time, I'd take those times less for granted and realize how special they were.

18) I absolutely love documentaries; especially pertaining to the midwest, the deep south, or the Appalachian Mt area; when they tell the stories about people's lives...their hardships, their triumphs, their every day doings. (David Sutherland is my fav. producer) I can't imagine a better job then being able to make documentaries.

19) I wish the amount of money I had in my bank account didn't matter or make my life an easier. I want to take at least a year of my life and donate it to volunteering for different organizations. I would love to help soldiers coming back with PTSD get reacquainted with the life we live every day; help Native Americans secure everyday necessaties for life such as jobs, transportation, affordable housing and health care. I want to become fluent in ASL and teach it to children. I would build a shelter and take in abandoned animals. I want to be able to actually have the courage to do these things and not just type about them.

20) I would give a lot of things up if I could be fluent in Polish. I want to be able to go overseas one day and view the historical monuments and places involved in WWII.

21) I hate talking on the phone and won't listen to voicemails for days. I'll text you or email you 25 times over 2 hours rather then talk to you for 3 minutes.

22) I have post-its and a pen by my bed because I think of random things at night and I have to write them down or I can't sleep.

23) I love clean hair but I hate wet hair and I love being tan but I hate being in a swimsuit.

24) If I was irresponsible I'd spend all my money on jewelry, purses and shoes. If you had told me this when I was in junior high, I would have called you a liar and punched you.

25) Also if I was irresponsible I'd spend all my money on home decor, which would be like someone lactos-intolerant spending all their money on ice cream cones. I live in a one bedroom apt. with not much decorating space.

26) I love taking pictures! If the market wasn't so saturated as it is, I'd become a professional photographer.

27) I think I lived in a past life in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

28) I absolutely love cloudy and dreary spring/fall days. When things are all kind of muted tones. It reminds me of going outside in high school to practice softball or sitting and watching games in weather like this. I love it.

29) The little things in life are what are the greatest to me. Like all my laundry being done, the garbage emptied, the house cleaned, right after you fill up your gas tank, a new haircut/color.

30) I hope one day I can look back on this list and remember fondly memories from that time and have most of these things happen to me/be living them.

No comments: