Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snowstorm Julia

Today was snowstorm Julia for Northeastern Wisconsin. It did start with quite the bang too. Right on the dot at 3:00 pm it started to snow and got heavier and blew really hard until a little while ago. Unfortunately I don't think we got anywhere near what we were predicted to get, which was 6 - 8 inches. My guess is we got about 3 or 4 at most. It's so hard to tell here since the snow blows so bad. The cars in the parking lot have snow all over them but then infront of my patio door there is grass. Depending on where you are on the complex it will very on the snow we received.

So this weekend my parents are coming down to celebrate my birthday with me, even though it's not for a couple more weeks. My mom and I are going for manicures tomorrow night and then going to see STOMP on Saturday. I'm so excited because neither of us have ever gotten manicures and I've always wanted to see STOMP. Hope it's a great weekend.

Today I went to the library and got some books and read some magazines. It's way cheaper, well free to go to the library and read People, SI, etc then to buy subscriptions or buy them at stores. I got to catch up on all the gossip of the stars. Then I went to JoAnns Fabrics which I'm pretty sure is my new favorite store. I found some great fabric that I want to make into pillows. I was first looking for fabric to make into a "green bag" but I found this and just had to get it. I even passed it up and went back and got it, with the intentions of making a bag but got the idea for pillows when I was buying it. I'm excited and I'll post some pictures when I get them done. I'm going to do it at home and try to wipe the dust off my moms old sewing machine. It will go way faster that way then by hand! I do need to find some fabric for the backs though. Now I still have to find some fun fabric to make a "green bag." These bags are usually used to put groceries/produce in at the store but I want to make a fun summer bag/purse. It's way cheaper then buying a new purse too. Even though there are a couple at Shopko that I'm looking at. (I've always wanted a bright yellow purse.)

Another thing, I was looking at the home decor there...I know stupid since I live in a one bedroom apartment, but they have such cute stuff there. I never thought I'd ever be into the nautical theme stuff but they have a great section that is nautical but not the red, white and navy blue that I usually associate with that theme. It was almost like a beachy nautical and was really cute stuff. They also had these great turquoise/navy blue type vases and decorations that I loved. Everything usually is like 40% off there but it's still to expensive for my budget now. Maybe someday I can buy that store out! haha

So I'm thinking of going back to school since I'm having such a hard time finding a job. I've found a couple associates programs at local schools that I hope would help me get a job. I'm in the process of setting up meetings with the two schools down here to see what classes I can get taken out because I already took them at UWM. Maybe I could get it down to a year and a summer or something. That would be nice.

Ok well I hope you're not snowed in wherever you are! Take Care and stay warm!

No comments: