Monday, March 17, 2008

why aren't you gone yet??

Sometimes I get really, really frustrated with this job. I understand that the girl who had this position before me was here for along time. *Pam had my position for 6 or 7 years and it's only two people in our department. Ok, I understand that you got close over the years since it' s just you two but now I have your position, you can leave now. Pam just keeps hanging around and granted, it has been helpful when certain situations arrive and I need to get the answer to a question. But when I keep hearing that Pam did this and Pam got asked to stay by the boss and Pam did it this way.....ok good for Pam. I'M NOT PAM!!!!!

It's so frustrating to have her constantly here! Sometimes I wonder if my boss wishes Pam was still here and she is kind of upset that I am here instead of Pam. I'm sorry that you feel that way but you have to understand we have only known each other for about a month and a half....not nearly long enough to get extremely comfortable with each other. My boss and Pam just left for a day at the spa....wow, thanks for inviting me. It hurts when she goes off with Pam and leaves me here. Sometimes in this workplace I feel so alone and sometimes it's great. Lots of people know each other b/c they've been working together for years and I'm the new girl they don't really know yet. And the age thing plays into it as well I think. Everyone here is in their upper 20's to early/mid 30's. I'm 23. They have babies and husbands and bills...I'm just getting my life started! I feel like I don't fit in a lot. Not that they don't make an effort to include me but when your boss goes off with Pam and you are left in the office, it kind of stings. Sometimes I just want to say to Pam, GO AWAY!!! YOU DON'T WORK HERE ANYMORE!!! But I know that she'll be here later in the week, or possibly this weekend.

Will I ever be able to 'replace' her or am I constantly going to be taking a backseat to Pam? Is she always going to be around and overshadow me or will people ever start to know me for me and not "the new Pam"?

No comments: