Sunday, June 10, 2007

4 brides and 3 grooms.....

This is one odd set of twelve months for me. From January 2007 to January 2008, I will have 7 of my good friend married. Now I'm happy for all of them to be tying the knot, but it's rather depressing for the rest of us. We celebrated a bachelorette party this weekend for one of my best friends getting married in July to one of my other best friends. I love all these people a lot...some more then others yes, but that just because I have been closer with some for years and years. My only fear is that all these couples will start doing couple things. I don't want to lose any of them, and honestly I don't see that happening, but home is beginning to be a place I don't like to go so much. Every time I go home, it seems like the couples are hanging out and then it's me. Usually it is no big deal because we hang out in big groups so its not that odd or anything. And I have spent so much time with some of these people I don't see if ever gettting odd to hang out with just the two of them (fingers crossed!) I just am scared for that day when they all hang out together or do couples only things and then I'm left out. It has happened already...not strictly couples only things but they have gone out in big groups and its this couple and this couple and I usually get invited, but I hardly ever go. It just is so awkward for me to be there sometimes and I feel like the odd woman out. So my final thought is that I love all these couples, but don't ditch the single gal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will never feel left out as long as you live at 3020 :)